Friday, March 27, 2009

Day 25, 270309!

We went to a fibre optic company today but no pictures were allowed other than those which we could take at the lobby area. Basically from what I know, they use glass rods which would undergo very high temperatures (2200degrees) and by stretching, they will gradually form the kind of cable wires which we use now. And the length can stretch up to 200km! It's very very cool, and the workers had to wear proper attires like how visitors should dress in paper wear when they visit patients in ICU rooms. To prevent contamination (dust particles).

A few of us then headed to Pizza Hut for lunch which was FAN-TABULOUS! We shopped around, I got 2 Starbucks bottles and a couple of small gifts for my friends. Then off to Wal-Mart we went, it is a supermarket but their prices are really low as according to XY. Since most of us are already missing homecook food back in Singapore, we decided to cook a few dishes at Mr Loh's place. I helped to cook, wash the vegetables and wash plates! Hello, I can be housewife already. Teehee. But most of the job was contributed by XY and Seok Hui.

This is how the potential banglahs have become.
They tied raffiah strings all over the place to hang their laundry!
Very inventive huh?
This was our guide whom led us around the fibre optic company.


It was established one year before I came to Earth.

Eh don't play play! They have Quality Management too and what's more, they integrated their management system! ISO9000: Quality, ISO14001: Environmental management, OHSAS18001: Occupational Health and Safety.
The glass rods.
The end product!
PROCESS!
Check out the fibre.
And then they are coated with colorful bodies. I like.
Team A and Group A.
We were supposed to take a group picture but cannot see my face.
So Meiyun and I decided to jump at the back. Hehe, and thanks MY for being the photographer at Mr Loh's cooking session.

One of our group member was down with headache so here's the four of us.
They look like,, huge pencils.
PIZZA HUT!

New Orleans Wings.
13 inch Hawaiian pizza.Stuff crusted.. Yummy,
The staff at Starbucks could decipher that we were from Singapore! I was very surprised. He said he could tell from the way we spoke. And then they offered their new product. Caramel Cream.
Wal-mart buys.
This is Mr Loh's neighbour. Drying their greens.
THE ONE OPPOSITE HUNG A CHICKEN LOOSE!
We are hard at work.
Picking out the fish bones.
Mr Loh's living room.
Cook Tan.
Cook Seah.
AND COOK HOWEEEEEEEEE
(winks) The dishes we prepared. It is edible!!
Last but not least, remember Earth hour tomorrow.
28th March, 830pm. SWITCH OFF YOUR ELECTRICAL APPLIANCES AT HOME DEAR FRIENDS! I will switch off my heater here. HAHAHAHA!

GOOD NIGHT!

No comments:

Post a Comment