Thursday, March 26, 2009

Day 24, 260309!

This morning, we wrapped up our module chapters and had our last quiz. So from now on, we will have to concentrate on the remaining assignments and the presentations which we have to complete before the end of the trip. Yeah, the fellow school mates talked a lot about Singapore this late afternoon. And all of them did a fantastic job. They were very funny in delivering their speech.

I was flipping through the pages on internet and then chanced upon Earth hour. This Saturday (280309) at 2030, Singapore is conducting Earth hour for 60 minutes whereby households are encouraged to switch off all electrical appliances in a bid to save the earth and fight climate change. Even Cathay Cineplex is doing it too, so haha no movies for you guys for an hour! But it seems very cool! I wish I was back home to conduct this exercise. It's like the whole of Singapore black out for an hour! So fun so fun, but I'm in China. TOO BAD! And anyway, global warming people. Please try to save Earth !! Reduce the use of plastic bags yo! Otherwise, tsk. Flood flood!

National Education Message 2: Singapore is our homeland, this is where we belong.

Ever since being here, away from my family and friends has made me realized how fortunate I am to have loved ones by my side. I really miss them a lot. But then again, it's good to be away once in awhile. Only then would you actually be able to acknowledge that you should sincerely cherish them. Earlier on during the presentation, the others showed us foods of Singapore and our places of interest. And the China peers were so engrossed by the pictures. I'm sure they would all be looking forward to coming to our clean country.

I heart, love Singapore. BECAUSE ALL MY FAMILIAR FACES BELONG THERE!! And I'm longing to see them soon.. It's so heartwarming to receive the welcome messages when you touch down: WELCOME BACK TO SINGAPORE! Although our country may be small but at least for me, I feel comfortable living in town and knowing that it's not possible for me to get lost. Moreover, no language barrier. Having heard that China is going to dominate (I think economy) and is going to be very influential, I have decided to ........ BRUSH UP ON MY CHINESE LANGUAGE! So watch me, I will improve from my historic B3 to a gracious young lady (Saint Marg's hahahahha) who can start to blabber my sentences away with idioms.

We did "zi char" for dinner. 6RMB per person.

Interaction with our China peers whom will be going over to Singapore for 1 year. 6 months to study and 6 months to work.

I just got reprimanded by someone. I am sad. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment