Thursday, March 19, 2009

Day 17, 190309!

Hey hey all!! My brother has arrived in Wuhan! Test 1 starts at nine tomorrow and it will be free and easy the whole day after. Oh and our results are released tomorrow morning :[ Oh yeah , Nathaniel just offered to fetch me from the airport when I return. THANKS !

Anyhow, we had our last IS class today. The history class if you guys must know. We covered on business etiquette earlier on. The slides comprised of mainly the dos and don'ts about setting up business in China. The worst thing that a Chinese can ever lose is ..... "Face". So basically, we have to try to avoid losing face and even causing others to lose face. ("丢面子") We learnt pretty much about the how the Chinese go about doing their business. What kind of gifts we should avoid giving them such as clocks as it means sending them on they way to pass on, sissors as it refers to cutting your relationship with them. We cannot call the female employees at the restaurant "xiao jie" because it refers to nightclub girls or even worst. So we are to refer them to as "Fu wu yuan". Although this I already knew because my older brother taught me when I went to Shanghai two years ago.. And when gifts are presented to you, you ought to refuse three times before accepting them.

Stephanie: "I don't want, I really don't want thanks. No no it's fine, I cannot accept it". On the next try, "Alright then, if you insist". HAHA!

Ever wondered where did the phrase "The gift is nothing much, but it's the thought that counts" originated from?
Once upon a time, a man went on a long tour to visit his friend with a swan as a gift. But it escaped from the cage on the way and in his effort to catch it, he got hold of nothing but a feather. Instead of returning home, he continued his journey with the swan feather. When his friend received this unexpected gift, he was deeply moved by the story as well as the sincerity.

Group leader (GL) and his assistant group leader (AGL)
Told you everyone loves my pencil case.
This was the clip one of my lecturer gave last semester.
Mr Wong, why are you so happy??

May I present the lady who have been ever so patient with us. She is "Xiao Ling lao shi" whom has painstakingly went through close to 300 hundred slides about the history and current affairs of China.
This was the token of appreciation from our division.
We brought Singapore to her!
He who crosses his legs. Benny's so demure.

THANK YOU TEACHER!
Mr Wong and Mr Chong.
Finally, our division take.
I'm going to read through the notes now. And my results tomorrow. (WOOOOOOOOO)

No comments:

Post a Comment