Day 11, 130309!
And so, we gathered at 7am to the ferry terminal. Pardon me but there will be a lot of pictures reflecting my face. (hehehehehe)

This is the tour guide who very faithfully organized our weekend tour and tolerated our lateness.

Let me introduce Pee-poo on Clive.

Then now, eeyore and colorful bear.

I had to leave eeyore in the bus because we were going for lunch :[

Lunched at this restaurant.


Seok thinks pee-poo can eat =..=



Moi groupmates.


OLYMPICS

I wanna join dancing.

I found a friend for pee-poo. (hoho)

Dry ice was the cause.

Seok Hui couldn't climb into the carriage behind so I had to do the job!



Winnie Koh.

People pulling something, against pressure.

A Chinese was randomly taking picture one day then he sent this photo in and claims that it is Mao Zedong figure. He is lying face up. Can you read? I took quite a long time to picture it.

Dinner at the same lunch restaurant.

The living room of the cruise. Awaiting our keys.

Hmm our (Seok Hui and myself) got room 313. And we booked in on the 13th of March (0313) which also coincides with "black Friday". Woo hoohoo.

We had to wait for the water to flow out only 3 minutes after the boat runs.

We had to lock our toilet door from outside. So once, we ignore Seok Hui when she asked us to open the door to let her out. Hehe.

Mirror mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of them all?? (H*W*E)

We got flat screen television.

"Gui bin ka" Very Important Person card.

I left pee-poo to rest in the room and cover her up because it was really cold in the cruise.

We got very excited when we noticed bubbles exiting the gate.

The "traffic" light was red so the cruise was not allowed to go into the dam yet. Yes, this is fun. We were on a water level of 42 metres high but the water level in advance was 62 metres high. So there was this dam in which floating vehicles would enter and then the water level inside would rise to the same level as the river after the dam. You guys get it right? What's cool is that the dam is in between the difference of 20 metres water level. That can stop the 62 metre river from overflowing onto the 42 metre river. I hope I'm not confusing you guys.

The light is still red! We waited for about 3 hours. Whilst the procession was only 30 minutes.

Our boatman untied the rope which was holding our cruise along the pillar side.

Its entrance.

The anchors.

The water was pumped in from the bottom. Watch the level rise. Judge the level difference from the water to the hole.





And the gate opens us to the 62 metre high river.

The second dam. We crossed a total of 6 dams.
Day 12, 140309!

This was one of the 3 Gorges that we went to visit. Mountains, they are. So this one got famous because the Chinese claims that there is a "fairy" standing up there. Can you spot it ??

There you go. Hur.

Ha, this can be the new face on the China money.

This is the back review of the 10 dollar. The mountains were taken along the river which our cruise traveled. This is taken from the top view though so our view was horizontal. BUT IT IS THE ACTUAL REFLECTION OF THE 10 DOLLAR BILL! Cool right? I know!

Here you go.

Towards the night, we climbed many many many stairs to view some statues. Man, I started to pant after a flight of stairs. I need to start on my exercise agenda soon. Totally gonna do 50 crutches later. (winks)

Oh yeah, we saw many cliffs as we sped pass to Shennong River. And there are many holes in the cliffs by the riverside. Another interesting finding, the ancient people actually store coffins in the hole. I wonder how they climbed up when the bottom is the river and the hole was like in the middle on the cliff. Sorry, my camera battery caved in so no pictures available.

Breakfast on Saturday.

This was our cruise.

Sorry Ci Min, my hair..

Mr Wong...

GOT YOU! Ha.

Despite the constant application of moisturiser, my skin still look so crumpled.

One of the site visit was Shennong River (national tour spot) and it is 60 kilometres long. We alighted near a shore and experienced the ride directed my boat trackers. 5 of them rowed the boat and towards some part of the river, they had to get down and pull the boat because the water was too shallow to continue rowing (but the water was extremely clear there) and also due to the strong current which was rushing against our direction.

Check out the clear water.

I bet they have muscles!!

This bridge is built for vehicles to pass through it. And it will be done by the end of this year.

The water was gleaming on the surface. Really a magnificent sight, I would say.

Boat trackers wore this hand made shoe because it would provide a fast grip since they have to pull the boat on the rocks (so they won't slip) and it also imparts massage effect via the material friction.

We alighted our cruise and boarded this boat for the tour towards Shennong river.
Day 13; 150309!
Since my camera battery died on me the previous day, I only managed to switched it on for awhile to take my injury. Guess what guys!! Do not AND I MEAN DO NOT LAUGH about what I'm going to reveal in a bit. I went to bed early last night and was in full gear (didn't change). So I had my jacket on and in the middle of the night, I felt cold so I zippd my jacket all the way up to my neck. I woke up in the morning and wanted to go wash up so I had to unzip my jacket to change right? So I tried to unzip BUT THE ZIP WAS STUCK so I zipped it back up again AND .. I accidently zipped my own neck (the skin). Painful okay :[
There isn't much to talk about today. I shopped and spent 160RMB on the local products for both G's and my family. Govind, your family is so gonna get sick of sesame. Ha! Glad that I'm back at the hostel. The cruise was rather informative overall and very scenery giving. China is really gargantuan. And they have mountains everywhere. Oh another thing which I've learnt about the Chinese. They have extremely vivid imagination! To think they could actually make out a shape out of the rocks and then name them after someone or something.


BOO HOO! :((
Goodnight everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment